Spinach Almond Pesto
Use spinach, Parmesan cheese and California Almonds to give pesto a new flavor. Toss this with pasta and tomatoes.
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup slivered California Almonds, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed almost dry
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted and peeled
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1. Place almonds and pine nuts (keep separate) in a single layer in a dry skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring occasionally until fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- 2. Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup of the slivered almonds in a food processor, blending just until smooth.
- 3. Toss pesto sauce with cooked fettuccine and top with roasted cherry tomatoes and remainder of slivered almonds.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 307.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 6.8 g
protein: 10.2 g
saturated fat: 4.8 g
cholesterol: 9.1 mg
sodium: 241.7 mg
fiber: 2.8 g
sugar: 1.3 g