Black Forest Cupcakes
So delicious! These homemade chocolate cupcakes are filled with black cherry jam and topped with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and grated chocolate.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) jar black cherry jam
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sucralose sweetener (such as Splenda®), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- ½ cup grated milk chocolate, or to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in milk. Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; beat until batter is smooth.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each liner about half-full.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- 5. Cut tops off the cooled cupcakes. Remove a small amount of the center of each cupcake. Fill the centers with a small dab of black cherry jam. Put the tops back on, covering the jam.
- 6. Combine heavy cream, sucralose sweetener, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- 7. Place whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a round or star tip. Frost each cupcake with a swirl of whipped cream. Top each one with a maraschino cherry and grated chocolate.
serving: 2 dozen
calories: 275.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 29 g
protein: 2.9 g
saturated fat: 10.4 g
cholesterol: 79.6 mg
sodium: 132.3 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 10.5 g