Tim Perry's Soup (Creamy Curry Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup)
My boss brought this soup to the office one fine day and I was hooked on it from the first taste. It is a snap to make and the flavors are mild, yet very distinct. My kids loved it the first time I made it at home and it instantly became known as 'Tim Perry's Soup.' You might like a stronger curry flavour or a creamier soup, so adjust the seasonings to your taste. It's ready within the hour, but the longer it simmers the better the flavor. Serve with crusty bread and butter.
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, finely chopped
- ½ head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. In a stockpot, combine chicken broth, onion, cauliflower, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer until vegetables are tender. Season with curry powder, chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup of the milk. Whisk briskly until there are no lumps. Add mixture to soup, stirring continuously as soup thickens. Stir in Cheddar cheese until completely melted.