Tennille's Italian Pasta Salad
This recipe is a zesty pasta salad which can be altered by adding your favorite vegetables - a great recipe for any occasion!
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (32 ounce) package seashell pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Steam broccoli and cauliflower florets until tender. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl, toss with butter and salt.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in the macaroni and return the water to a boil. Let cook until the noodles are al dente, drain well.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the Italian dressing with the hot macaroni. Next, mix in the carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. After the pasta and vegetables have been chilling for 30 minutes, stir in the cheese. Return the bowl to the refrigerator for another 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
serving: 7 servings
calories: 865.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 112.4 g
protein: 28.5 g
saturated fat: 11.3 g
cholesterol: 38.4 mg
sodium: 1616.6 mg
fiber: 7.9 g
sugar: 9.9 g