White Wine Fruit Cocktail
This is a great recipe for whatever fresh fruit you may have on hand and a good cheap white wine. It's cool and refreshing and just complicated-looking enough to leave your guests wowed!
- 1 ¼ cups dry white wine
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ½ cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1. Combine the wine and sugar in a saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil; stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the mint; set aside.
- 2. Combine the cantaloupe, grapes, and strawberries in a large bowl. Pour the wine mixture over the fruit; toss together until all the fruit is covered with the wine mixture; cover and chill. Store in the refrigerator up to 8 hours before serving.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 209.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 38.3 g
protein: 1.5 g
saturated fat: 0.1 g
sodium: 16.6 mg
fiber: 2.8 g
sugar: 33.5 g