Ranch Chicken Stew with Kale
This stew uses shredded rotisserie chicken. Savory and delicious. Top with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro if desired.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15.8 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium limes, cut into wedges
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add kale. Stir in garlic, oregano, and ranch seasoning mix; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2. Add chicken and toss until evenly combined with onion mixture. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 3. Mash 1 can beans in a medium bowl until chunky. Add to the stew along with whole beans and chile peppers. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Ladle into bowls and squeeze lime juice over the top.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 369.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 47.4 g
protein: 26.5 g
saturated fat: 2.2 g
cholesterol: 39.4 mg
sodium: 1207.8 mg
fiber: 10.7 g
sugar: 3.4 g