Grilled Tuna with Fresh Horseradish
Whenever I hear people say you shouldn't ruin fresh fish at the sushi bar by dipping it in copious amounts of wasabi-spiked soy sauce, I think to myself, yeah, but that's how I like it. Sometimes I just don't care about overpowering the natural flavors, and this grilled yellowfin tuna with freshly grated horseradish sauce recipe is one of those times.
- 2 (8 ounce) fresh tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated raw horseradish root, or more to taste
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon hot chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Lightly oil steaks with vegetable oil.
- 2. Stir soy sauce, rice vinegar, horseradish, cherry tomatoes, and hot chile paste in a bowl until well combined. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- 3. Place steaks over hottest part of the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Spoon soy sauce mixture over steaks and garnish with green onion.