Disappearing Caramel Apple Bars
I have been making these for about 10 years and have had many requests for the recipe. They are easy to make and disappear so quickly, if you don't grab one you might miss your chance! Serve immediately or refrigerate. Bars cut more easily if refrigerated first.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup cinnamon chips
- 2 large yellow apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Press cookie dough into the bottom of a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until light-golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 4. Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; fold in cinnamon chips. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie and layer with apple slices. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and nutmeg over apple slice layer. Cut into squares.