Fried Garlic Pita
I sort of made up this recipe, and it turned out to be pretty good. I was trying to imitate a pita with garlic butter sauce appetizer this one restaurant makes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 small (4 inch) pita bread rounds, cut in half
- 1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over low heat. Mix in the olive oil, 1/2 the lemon juice, garlic, and garlic powder.
- 2. Place the pita bread in the skillet, and top with remaining butter and lemon juice. Cook 10 minutes, turning often, until golden brown.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 130.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 10.6 g
protein: 1.8 g
saturated fat: 4.1 g
cholesterol: 15.3 mg
sodium: 117.1 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 0.7 g