Chicken and Pumpkin Pizza
A creation of my own out of the abundance of pumpkins I acquired after my neighbors found out I like to make my own pumpkin puree. I recommend using the Pizza Crust I recipe from Allrecipes.com for the crust. If you use canned pumpkin, make sure it is unsalted, unsweetened. I also prefer using dark meat chicken as it does not dry out in second cooking. Serve with wheat ale or light IPA beer.
- 1 pizza crust dough
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spread pizza dough onto a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- 2. Bake in the preheated oven until just baked enough to hold together, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Mix chicken, pumpkin, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Coat pizza crust with olive oil and add chicken mixture in 1 even layer. Top pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Bake in the oven until crust is browned and cheese is melted, 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.