One-Step Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup takes a few (well, a lot of) short cuts, but it's perfect for when you're either in a hurry or under the weather--or both.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup fusilli (corkscrew) pasta
- ⅓ cup finely minced onions
- 1 carrot, very thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1. Place chicken pieces in a saucepan. Add fusilli, onions, celery, and carrots, ketchup, thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour chicken broth into pan.
- 2. Place pan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until vegetables soften and pasta is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally, 25 to 35 minutes. Stir in parsley before serving.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 175.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 10.4 g
protein: 24.9 g
saturated fat: 0.7 g
cholesterol: 64.6 mg
sodium: 1288.8 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 2.8 g