Very easy and yummy toffee made with saltine crackers. You'll love it! Serves a crowd.
- 1 (10 ounce) package saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet. Line baking sheet with saltine crackers, edges touching.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar and cook until mixture reaches 235 degrees F (112 degrees C) or a small amount of mixture dropped into cold water forms a small ball that flattens when placed on a flat surface. Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot toffee. When chips turn glossy, spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with almonds. Freeze 20 minutes before serving.
serving: 1 10 x 15 pan
calories: 235.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.9 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 7.4 g
cholesterol: 19.5 mg
sodium: 176.4 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 16.1 g