Apple and Onion Salad Endive Spears
Fruit, bitter greens, crunchy nuts, and blue cheese all come together for a flavorful appetizer.
- ½ cup walnut pieces, minced
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and minced
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar (such as Bragg®)
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 Belgian endives, separated into individual leaves
- 1. Toast walnut pieces in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until aromatic and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine apples, onion, chives, and parsley in a bowl and toss well.
- 3. Pour vinegar into a small bowl; drizzle and whisk olive oil into vinegar until emulsified. Pour dressing into apple mixture and toss to coat.
- 4. Gently fold walnuts and blue cheese into apple mixture just before serving. Spoon filling onto each endive leaf.
serving: 30 servings
calories: 93.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 5.9 g
protein: 2 g
saturated fat: 1.2 g
cholesterol: 0.8 mg
sodium: 39.2 mg
fiber: 3.7 g
sugar: 1.7 g