Sweet Pepper Pasta Toss
Roasted sweet peppers and garlic are tossed with goat cheese, parsley and capers in this delicious, easy pasta dish. Feel free to add any other greens in place of parsley such as cooked spinach or kale.
- 1 pint small sweet yellow and red peppers, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked fettuccine
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons capers
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2. Arrange peppers and garlic on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until soft and lightly browned.
- 3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 4. In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with peppers, garlic, parsley, goat cheese and capers. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 375.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.2 g
protein: 16.4 g
saturated fat: 7.5 g
cholesterol: 26 mg
sodium: 301.7 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 3.6 g