Sugar-glazed popcorn with a fruity twist. Enjoy! Great to give as gift.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package fruit flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 1/4 sheet pan or two 8x12 inch baking dishes. Generously butter a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- 2. Distribute popcorn evenly in prepared baking pans. Place in oven to keep warm.
- 3. In prepared saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, gelatin, corn syrup and water. Heat to 250 to 265 degrees F (121 to 129 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a rigid ball.
- 4. Pour mixture evenly over popcorn and stir until coated. Return popcorn to oven and bake 5 minutes; stir, then bake 5 minutes more.
- 5. Turn popcorn out onto a large piece of foil. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then form into balls. Or let cool completely and break into clusters. Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
serving: 10 servings
calories: 323.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 29.2 g
protein: 1.7 g
saturated fat: 12.4 g
cholesterol: 48.8 mg
sodium: 270.1 mg
fiber: 0.9 g
sugar: 15.6 g