Shrimp Fra Diavolo
A simple and spicy dish that will impress your friends. Save time by buying shrimp that's already cooked and peeled.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp
- 8 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 fluid ounces red wine
- 1. Peel and cook shrimp if necessary, and place in a bowl of cold water.
- 2. Place tomatoes, crushed garlic, red pepper flakes, and wine in a 3 quart sauce pan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. While sauce is simmering, cook linguini according to package directions. When pasta is almost done, drain shrimp and place in the bottom of a large colander. Drain the pasta over the shrimp. Transfer pasta with shrimp to a large serving bowl, and toss together with some sauce. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 339.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 54 g
protein: 24.2 g
saturated fat: 0.3 g
cholesterol: 114.9 mg
sodium: 795 mg
fiber: 3.6 g
sugar: 5.2 g