Deep fried seasoned mashed potatoes make tasty little appetizers. Dip them in butter or gravy for a real flavor sensation!
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch Italian-style seasoning
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place potatoes in the water and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- 3. Mix Italian-style seasoning and egg yolk into the mashed potatoes. Allow potato mixture to cool approximately 10 minutes, or until it may be safely handled.
- 4. Place flour, egg white and dry bread crumbs in three separate small bowls. Roll potato mixture into 1 inch logs or balls. Cover in flour, dip in egg white and coat with bread crumbs.
- 5. Carefully lower small batches of the coated potatoes into the deep fryer. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 455.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 54.1 g
protein: 7.9 g
saturated fat: 3.2 g
cholesterol: 25.6 mg
sodium: 118.1 mg
fiber: 5.1 g
sugar: 2.4 g