Grilled Flat Iron Steak
Use your favorite marinade for an easy and delicious steak. This cut of meat needs hardly any trimming. Plus it's great at absorbing marinades, and it grills up beautifully.
- 1 (1 pound) flat iron steak
- 1 cup prepared marinade
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Cut steak in half crosswise into 2 equal pieces. Place in a zip-top plastic bag. Pour in marinade; squeeze air out of bag and seal. Place in a bowl; refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 3. Remove marinated steaks from bag and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place steaks on the grill. Cook until medium-rare, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read between 125 and 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer steaks to a warm plate; lightly tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 8 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 465.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 8 g
protein: 46.6 g
saturated fat: 10.1 g
cholesterol: 154.8 mg
sodium: 3023 mg