Microwave Acorn Squash
Just microwave! You don't have to use the oven. You can just do one acorn squash instead of two, if you choose. Pricking all over, then putting in the microwave for a few minutes to soften a little, makes it easier to cut.
- 2 (1 pound) acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 4 teaspoons salted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Prick all over the insides of the squash halves with a fork, brush with butter, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place squash halves, cut sides-up, into a large, microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Microwave on high power until flesh pierces easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 144.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 28.2 g
protein: 1.9 g
saturated fat: 2.6 g
cholesterol: 10.8 mg
sodium: 36.9 mg
fiber: 3.4 g
sugar: 9.5 g