We put this coffee frosting on top of Ghirardelli® double-chocolate brownies. My boys love this combo so much that they requested it for their birthday dessert! This recipe will frost a 8-inch square dish; double the recipe for a 13x9-inch pan or a cake.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons warmed half-and-half
- ¼ cup margarine, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Dissolve coffee granules in warmed half-and-half; set aside.
- 2. Beat margarine with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Stir vanilla and salt into the creamed margarine. Beat sugar into the margarine mixture in small amounts until fully incorporated. Stream half-and-half into the mixture while beating continually until all liquid is integrated into a spreadable frosting.