Flavored Baking Chips
I put this recipe together out of necessity to make raspberry cheesecake cookies. Raspberry chips were not available in my local stores. Any flavor you desire is possible by changing the extract and food coloring. This recipe allows you to have as many flavored morsels as there are extracts for a fraction of the cost. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup white chocolate morsels
- ¼ teaspoon raspberry extract
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1. Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in raspberry extract and red food coloring until evenly blended.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place melted chocolate mixture in a resealable plastic bag and snip off a corner; pipe onto the parchment paper in the shape of "chips".
- 3. Refrigerate chips until firm, about 5 minutes. Store in a resealable plastic bag.