My Italian family loves this recipe! A crusty loaf of Italian bread is cut in half, and layered with olives, and various meats and cheeses.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf fresh Italian bread
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 pitted green olives, chopped
- ¼ pound thinly sliced salami
- ¼ pound thinly sliced ham
- ½ pound provolone cheese, sliced
- ¼ pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1. Slice bread in half lengthwise. Drizzle olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle both sides with Parmesan cheese, basil, and oregano.
- 2. On the bottom half, layer chopped black olives and chopped green olives, then the salami, ham, provolone, and mozzarella. Cover with top layer, and cut into 4 servings.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 975.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 61.3 g
protein: 46.2 g
saturated fat: 22.2 g
cholesterol: 107.4 mg
sodium: 2790.2 mg
fiber: 3.9 g
sugar: 1.7 g