Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts II
Mouth-watering bacon and water chestnut appetizer, covered with a savory sauce and baked.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces sliced bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; heat just to boiling. Pour sauce over bacon and water chestnuts.
- 3. Cut bacon slices into thirds. Cut some of the bigger water chestnuts in half. Wrap chestnuts in bacon and secure with toothpicks; place in a 9x13 pan.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven until bacon is completely cooked, about 45 to 50 minutes.
serving: 18 servings
calories: 171.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.5 g
protein: 3.4 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 17.2 mg
sodium: 366.2 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 11.5 g