Sausage and Peppers Lasagna
Minimal prep time is needed for this tasty meal; let the oven do the rest! Big flavor comes from the addition of the Italian sausage and peppers while the PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese adds a wonderfully creamy texture.
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ½ cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- ½ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 12 slices PEPPERIDGE FARM® Garlic Texas Toast, prepared as directed on package
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Brown sausage with onions and peppers. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and milk with mixer until well blended. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan. Reserve 1-1/2 cups; mix remaining with cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Drain sausage; return to skillet. Stir spaghetti sauce, water and oregano into meat sauce. Spread 1/3 of meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and half the cream cheese mixture. Top with 3 noodles, half the remaining meat sauce and 3 noodles. Cover with layers of remaining cream cheese mixture, noodles, meat sauce and reserved cheese. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve. Serve with toast.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 515.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.8 g
protein: 18.9 g
saturated fat: 13.4 g
cholesterol: 72.3 mg
sodium: 964.7 mg
fiber: 4.5 g
sugar: 8 g