Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Awesome low carb recipe for cauliflower. Hubby gobbled it up!
- 6 slices turkey bacon, or more to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2. Place turkey bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and crumble.
- 3. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; add cauliflower, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, mushrooms, and 3 tablespoons chives and mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining bacon and cheese.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining chives over casserole.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 346.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 9.2 g
protein: 14.4 g
saturated fat: 12.3 g
cholesterol: 63.1 mg
sodium: 780.1 mg
fiber: 3 g
sugar: 3.5 g