Red Potato and Apple Vegan Latkes
Sometimes I like to jazz it up a bit and serve these vegan latkes (potato pancakes) for a dinner entree. Spread applesauce on top or serve with a salad or soup! Delish!
- 6 small red potatoes, chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup all purpose flour, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pinch white sugar, or to taste
- 1. Shred potatoes and apple in a food processor, in batches if necessary. Combine shredded potatoes and apple in a bowl with flour and salt. Dough should be thick and not loose.
- 2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add heaping tablespoons of the dough and flatten slightly. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and brown the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle sugar on top of latkes.
serving: 4 small latkes
calories: 238.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 51 g
protein: 5.7 g
saturated fat: 0.3 g
sodium: 54.6 mg
fiber: 5.2 g
sugar: 6.4 g