Top Sirloin Roast
This is a wonderful garlic-infused roast that has replaced my traditional pot roast recipe. Be sure to use a good-quality top sirloin roast for the most tenderness and flavor. I love using the traditional potatoes and carrots but also add the red pepper and mushrooms for more nutritional value. Use an amber beer or a medium slightly-darker beer, such as Yuengling® Black and Tan.
- 1 (3 pound) beef top-sirloin roast
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 5 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 3 cubes beef bouillon
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup beer
- 2 bay leaves, broken, or more to taste
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1. Make small slits in the roast using a sharp knife; tuck slivered garlic into each slit. Rub minced garlic, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper over the entire roast. Set aside until roast comes to room temperature, 15 to 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 3. Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onions in an even layer in a 9x12-inch roasting pan. Dissolve beef bouillon cubes in hot water in a small bowl and pour over vegetables. Pour in beef broth and beer.
- 4. Place roast on top of the vegetables, making sure it is not submerged in the broth mixture. Place bay leaf pieces around the roast.
- 5. Bake roast in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F (66 degrees C) for medium, 45 to 60 minutes. Transfer roast to a platter; cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees (68 degrees C), about 10 minutes.
- 6. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Add red pepper and mushrooms to the roasting pan and return it to the oven. Bake until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7. Thinly slice the roast crosswise. Serve with vegetables; spoon pan juices over meat and vegetables.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 400.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 40.3 g
protein: 35.1 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 73.7 mg
sodium: 820.6 mg
fiber: 6.5 g
sugar: 7 g