Lentils with Vegetables and Bacon
Lentils cooked nicely with vegetables and bacon.
- ⅔ cup dry lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 4 onions, diced
- 10 mushrooms, diced
- ½ (8 ounce) package bacon, cut into small pieces
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Bring water and lentils to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until mostly tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a stew pot over low heat. Add oil and carrots; cook, covered, until carrots begin to soften, about 15 minutes. Drain cooked lentils well.
- 3. Add onions and mushrooms to the carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add bacon and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in lentils; cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes more.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 343.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.3 g
protein: 16.2 g
saturated fat: 2.5 g
cholesterol: 10.2 mg
sodium: 294.2 mg
fiber: 15.5 g
sugar: 12.8 g