Mauigirl's Smoked Salmon Stuffed Pea Pods
These are a cute and fresh idea for an appetizer or as a pretty addition to a festive vegetable tray. I used to steam the pea pods, but this uncooked method yields a nicer look without all the fuss.
- 30 pods fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, flaked
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried dill weed, or to taste
- 1. Split each snow pea down one seam.
- 2. Mix cream cheese, smoked salmon, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl until smooth. Spoon salmon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mixture into the center of each snow pea pod, creating a scalloped edge. Sprinkle dill weed over cream cheese filling.
serving: 30 pods
calories: 75.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 2.2 g
protein: 3 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 20 mg
sodium: 141.4 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 0.9 g