A great use for leftover mashed potato. Great for dinner with a garden salad.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, eggs, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper, bacon bits and onion flakes. Form mixture into patties, and dredge patties in the bread crumbs.
- 2. Pour oil 1/2 inch deep in a large, heavy skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry patties, flipping to fry them on both sides, until they are golden brown. Serve hot.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 659.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 58.4 g
protein: 17.6 g
saturated fat: 8.7 g
cholesterol: 110.9 mg
sodium: 1505.6 mg
fiber: 5.2 g
sugar: 5.2 g