Quick Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
Looking for a new way to prepare your garden's zucchini harvest? Make low-carb zucchini noodles, aka zoodles, with a spiralizer! You can make this dish in 25 minutes, with no waiting for the water to boil. The uncooked zucchini is tossed with hot olive oil and a blend of parsley, ground walnuts, and Parmesan cheese, and then topped with fresh tomatoes and olives. The hot olive oil makes it warm, but this is not a hot dish.
- 3 ½ ounces Parmesan cheese, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup olive oil, or as needed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, cut into noodles with a spiralizer
- 1 ½ pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1. Place Parmesan cheese in the bowl of a food processor; process into small crumbs. Add walnuts and process into small crumbs.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir in parsley and garlic and remove from heat. Toss zucchini noodles with the hot oil mixture and Parmesan-walnut mixture. Top with cherry tomatoes and olives to serve.