Melted Snowman Cookies
These cookies take some time, but you'll get so many compliments you won't even mind!
- 4 egg whites
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- ¼ cup lemon juice, or as needed
- 24 sugar cookies
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube black decorating gel
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube orange decorating gel
- 75 silver nonpareils, or as desired
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube red decorating gel
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube green decorating gel
- 1. Beat egg whites lightly in a large bowl using an electric mixer until frothy. Slowly beat enough confectioners' sugar into egg whites to make icing that will hold shape; blend in lemon juice until desired consistency is reached.
- 2. Arrange cookies about 1-inch apart on a large sheet of waxed paper. Spread icing onto each cookie, allowing icing to drip over edges to look like melting snow.
- 3. Grease a microwave-safe plate. Place 1 marshmallow onto plate.
- 4. Microwave marshmallow until it starts to puff up, 20 to 30 seconds. Immediately place marshmallow on the edge of 1 cookie while the icing is still wet to look like a melted snowman. Repeat with remaining marshmallows and iced cookies.
- 5. Decorate 'melted snowmen' by piping 'twig-like arms' using black decorating gel on the icing. Make 'coal eyes' and a 'mouth' on the marshmallow using black decorating gel. Make a 'carrot nose' under the 'coal eyes' using orange decorating gel. Make 'coat buttons' by arranging silver nonpareils down the middle of the icing. Make 'scarves' or 'bow-ties' using red decorating gel or green decorating gel.
- 6. Allow cookies to fully dry before removing from waxed paper, at least 1 hour.
serving: 2 dozen cookies
calories: 308.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 69.9 g
protein: 1.5 g
saturated fat: 0.8 g
cholesterol: 7.7 mg
sodium: 126.5 mg
fiber: 0.1 g
sugar: 54.3 g