Shrimp are marinated in a spicy chili pepper sauce then quickly grilled in this easy preparation.
- 1 cup Asian chili paste (sambal)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine sambal paste, sugar, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, ginger, mirin, fish sauce, and sesame oil in a large bowl; mix well. Reserve half of the marinade for basting.
- 2. Stir shrimp into the remaining half of the marinade, coating evenly. Cover and refrigerate for about 45 minutes.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade.
- 4. Grill shrimp about 2 minutes on each side. Brush with the reserved marinade. Remove shrimp from grill to serving platter. Garnish with cilantro.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 369.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 45.5 g
protein: 19 g
saturated fat: 1.7 g
cholesterol: 172.6 mg
sodium: 993.2 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 21.1 g