Easy beer-cheese soup.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can water, or to taste
- 1 (2 pound) loaf processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cut into cubes
- 1 head broccoli, grated
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 potatoes, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans light beer
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, or as desired
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Bring broth and 1 can water to a boil in a large pot. Stir cheese, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, and onion into the boiling liquid; cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Season the soup with salt and black pepper. Pour beer into the soup, bring to a boil, and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water together in a small bowl; pour into the soup and stir. Cook until the soup thickens, about 5 minutes.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 508.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 31.6 g
protein: 24.4 g
saturated fat: 17 g
cholesterol: 91.9 mg
sodium: 1720.2 mg
fiber: 3.6 g
sugar: 12.6 g