Healthy Crustless Quiche Base Recipe
You can customize this crustless quiche base recipe with the sauteed filling and cheese of your choice. Add any herbs or spices you like! Recipe created by She Likes Food.
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms® Premium Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms® Cottage Cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Allow mixed vegetables to cool once cooked.
- 3. Combine eggs, Shamrock Farms Premium Sour Cream, Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese, flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir together or blend in a food processor until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- 4. Pour the egg mixture into a bowl with the vegetables. Add 1 cup cheese and mix. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top. Top with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven. The quiche will be puffed up, but will fall slightly as it cools. Allow it to cool, then refrigerate. Cut into squares and serve.
serving: 1 8-inch quiche
calories: 454.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 16 g
protein: 28.9 g
saturated fat: 18.3 g
cholesterol: 253 mg
sodium: 1225.9 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 0.6 g