I Don't Know
I would always ask my mom 'What's for dinner?' and the response would be 'I don't know.' I said I was going to make up a dish called 'I don't know' dish. It turned out pretty good. Ground beef, potatoes and cheese are layered with a few vegetables in this simple one dish meal.
- 7 small baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the mixed vegetables and mushroom soup. Set aside.
- 2. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned, stirring to break up large lumps. Drain excess grease from the beef and place in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the vegetable mixture over the beef, then arrange the potato slices over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- 4. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through and bubbly.