Jan's Carrot Soup - Vegan and Dairy-Free
Deliciously smooth and satisfying soup that is easy on your waist, wallet, and time. You can switch it up by adding different spices such as curry or ginger. It has become tradition to serve this soup every Easter.
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- water to cover
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container vegetable broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1. Put carrots, onions, sweet potato, garlic, and parsley in a large stock pot; add enough water to cover.
- 2. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir vegetable broth, tomato paste, hot sauce, salt, black pepper, and paprika into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 3. Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth. Or pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
serving: 10 servings
calories: 135 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.7 g
protein: 3.6 g
saturated fat: 0.1 g
sodium: 676.4 mg
fiber: 6.9 g
sugar: 12.9 g