Stuffed Thai Eggplants
I found some Thai eggplants at the farmers market and bought them without a clue how to cook them. I changed and combined several ideas I found online to create this yummy meal.
- 12 Thai eggplants
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ bunch green onions, white parts only, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Cut tops off eggplants and scoop out flesh. Cut flesh into chunks and set aside. Rub salt over the insides of the eggplants. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until softened, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute pork, green onions, and cumin until pork is no longer pink, 5 to 8 minutes. Add chopped-up eggplant flesh and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5. Spoon pork mixture into the hollow baked eggplants.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 517 kcal
carbohydrates: 60.3 g
protein: 31 g
saturated fat: 6.9 g
cholesterol: 73.6 mg
sodium: 121.3 mg
fiber: 35.1 g
sugar: 24.4 g