Double Crust Bean Pie
Black beans, cheese, bell peppers, onion and spices baked between 2 pie crusts.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crusts
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and green pepper until tender. Sir in beans, salsa, red bell pepper, chili powder, cayenne and black pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Spoon half of the mixture into one of the pie crusts and cover with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining beans and cheese. Top with remaining crust.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 455.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 32 g
protein: 11.4 g
saturated fat: 11.3 g
cholesterol: 29.7 mg
sodium: 577.7 mg
fiber: 3.1 g
sugar: 2.2 g