Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spinach and Jalapenos
Not your ordinary spinach-stuffed chicken breasts. I used some mayonnaise and some sour cream, and whatever I had on hand.
- ½ cup shredded habanero-flavored Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise, or as needed
- ⅓ cup sour cream, or as needed
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked, well drained
- 8 slices jalapeno bacon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Combine habanero-flavored Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, feta cheese, and diced jalapenos in a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Spread out a layer of plastic wrap and place chicken breasts on top. Dribble a few drops of water on the chicken to ensure even pounding. Cover with another layer of plastic wrap and pound chicken breasts to about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 4. Spread cheese mixture onto each chicken breast, add a thin layer of spinach, roll up, and secure with toothpicks.
- 5. Microwave bacon for 1 minute, then wrap around stuffed breasts. Set in a baking dish.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 35 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- 7. Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn on the oven's broiler.
- 8. Broil chicken, turning often, until bacon is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
serving: 6 stuffed chicken breasts
calories: 391.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 3.7 g
protein: 34.6 g
saturated fat: 9.5 g
cholesterol: 109.4 mg
sodium: 684.2 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 1 g