These Mexican frozen pops are just what you need on a hot summer day.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar, or to taste
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1. Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2. Blend sugar syrup, watermelon, mint, lime juice, lime zest, and salt in a blender until liquefied, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into 10 ice pop molds.
- 3. Freeze paletas for 2 hours and insert wooden sticks or handles into the molds; return to freezer and freeze until solid, 12 to 24 hours.
serving: 10 ice pops
calories: 57.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.8 g
protein: 0.4 g
sodium: 59.2 mg
fiber: 0.3 g
sugar: 13.8 g