Angel Hair Pasta with Gorgonzola Sauce
This pasta is a cheese lover's dream! The sauce is super creamy, and the Gorgonzola cheese just puts all the flavors to the roof!
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion tops
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the water. Return drained pasta to the pot.
- 2. Whisk milk and flour together in a large nonstick skillet; add cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Heat milk mixture over medium heat while whisking continually until bubbling and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese into the milk mixture, stirring continually to melt the cheese into a sauce. Stir green onions into the sauce. Pour reserved water into the sauce; stir.
- 4. Pour sauce over the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 326.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 47.8 g
protein: 15.8 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 23 mg
sodium: 376 mg
fiber: 2.8 g
sugar: 1.4 g