Grilled Butternut Squash with Sage
This is the best way to have this squash. If you slice it thin and small, it is like chips and smells great. Thicker slices are good for topping with other things at a meal. The grilled squash can also be cut and added to soups for a nice smoked favor.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 leaves sage, finely chopped
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- coarse ground sea salt to taste
- 1. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 2. Warm olive oil and sage in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sage flavor is infused, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. Brush 1 side of squash slices with sage-infused olive oil. Place oil-side down onto the preheated grill. Brush slices with additional oil. Grill until tender, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 117.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 15 g
protein: 1.3 g
saturated fat: 1 g
sodium: 24.6 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 2.8 g