Oven-Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
This is a nice and easy recipe that gives a Spanish taste to any American meal!
- 6 (1-inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 (.18 ounce) packet sazon seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing, divided
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup margarine
- 6 (6 ounce) packages dry stuffing mix (such as Stove Top®)
- 1 tablespoon water, or as desired
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 2. Place pork chops in a large bowl and season all sides with adobo seasoning, sazon seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, and salt; add 2 tablespoons Italian dressing and flip to coat.
- 3. Bring 1 1/2 cups water and margarine to a boil in a saucepan; add stuffing mix and cover. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside until stuffing absorbs water, about 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- 4. Remove pork chops from bowl, reserving liquid and seasonings. Lay each pork chop flat on cutting board and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, leaving 3 sides intact. Stuff each pork chop with stuffing and close pocket using a toothpick.
- 5. Arrange pork chops on a baking sheet. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon Italian dressing and 1 tablespoon water with reserved juices from pork chops; pour over pork chops.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until pork chops are cooked through, 25 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
serving: 6 servings
calories: 966.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 131.2 g
protein: 50.3 g
saturated fat: 6.5 g
cholesterol: 80.4 mg
sodium: 3181.8 mg
fiber: 5.8 g
sugar: 14.8 g