Bird's Nests II
Fun treats for Springtime. You can use vanilla flavored candy coating instead of white chocolate, if you like.
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 16 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate
- ⅓ cup chocolate covered raisins
- 1. Place a sheet of waxed paper or foil on a large cookie sheet. In a large bowl, combine the noodles and the cereal and set aside.
- 2. Melt white chocolate or vanilla candy-coating in a double boiler over hot water (or in the microwave). Remove from heat and pour over noodles and cereal.
- 3. To form nests, mound 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. With the back of a teaspoon, make an indentation in the center of each mound. Press 3 or 4 candies in the center of each "nest". Allow to set at room temperature until firm.
serving: 1 - 1/2 dozen
calories: 573.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 65.7 g
protein: 7.6 g
saturated fat: 17.5 g
cholesterol: 16.1 mg
sodium: 215.9 mg
fiber: 1.1 g
sugar: 49.4 g