Chicken Sandwiches with Zang
Chicken sandwiches are just great for any time of the day. Lunch or dinner makes a great meal for you to eat with your family, outside or in.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- ½ cup barbeque sauce (such as Big Moe's®)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill for low heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 2. Sprinkle the chicken breasts generously on all sides with the Italian and grill seasonings. Slowly cook on the preheated grill, turning every 10 minutes; brush the chicken with the barbeque sauce each time you turn it. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. Once done, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- 3. While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms in the butter, stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender.
- 4. To make the sandwiches, place a chicken breast on each hamburger bun half. Spoon the pepper and onion mixture overtop, and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Cover with the hamburger bun tops.
serving: 4 sandwiches
calories: 465.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.2 g
protein: 36.9 g
saturated fat: 7.1 g
cholesterol: 93.4 mg
sodium: 2777.5 mg
fiber: 4.7 g
sugar: 12.1 g