Sweet Pork for Burritos
This is a sweet and tangy pork recipe. It goes great on burritos and tacos, but it also tastes great by itself!
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1. Place pork roast in the crock of a slow cooker, and add 4 cups water. Cook on High for 5 hours.
- 2. Remove pork from the slow cooker and drain liquid. Cut the pork into 4 pieces, and set aside. Puree salsa in blender. Combine the pureed salsa, cola, brown sugar, fajita seasoning, taco seasoning, and green chilies in the crock of the slow cooker. Add the pork, and cook on High for an additional 3 hours.
- 3. Remove the pork, and shred with 2 forks. Serve.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 355.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.6 g
protein: 23 g
saturated fat: 5.1 g
cholesterol: 72.6 mg
sodium: 727.8 mg
fiber: 0.9 g
sugar: 28.7 g