This dish was served at my aunt's home after a family funeral. The woman who brought this fabulous dish had no name for it, so in my family, it is now known as the 'Funeral Potatoes'. I make it for every holiday and special barbecues too.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar process cheese sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the processed cheese, sour cream, mushroom soup, celery soup, water, 1/2 of the margarine and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Place potatoes in prepared dish, add soup mixture and mix well.
- 4. Mix crumbs with remaining melted margarine and sprinkle over top of potato casserole.
- 5. Bake at 325 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned and casserole is bubbling.
serving: 8 to 12 servings
calories: 417.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 37 g
protein: 10.7 g
saturated fat: 16.3 g
cholesterol: 65 mg
sodium: 1296.2 mg
fiber: 2.4 g
sugar: 4.8 g