Potato and Jalapeno Gratin
This recipe is the perfect compliment to a nice filet or ribeye. It's a little time consuming, but well worth it in the end. It adds the perfect amount of spice without going overboard. I got the idea from a local steakhouse, but I made it my own.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (wear gloves)
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2. Spread 1/4 of the sliced potatoes into the bottom of the casserole dish, followed by 1/3 of Gruyere cheese, and about 2 tablespoons of minced jalapeno peppers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat the layers 2 more times; top casserole with last 1/4 of the sliced potatoes. Pour the cream evenly over the casserole. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole has browned and the potatoes are tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 580.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.7 g
protein: 18.2 g
saturated fat: 26.7 g
cholesterol: 157.1 mg
sodium: 186 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 1.5 g