Sweet As Sugar Cookies
This sweet treat will bring forth childhood memories.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional Garnishes: decorative candies and colored sugars
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually add SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend mixture, beating until blended. Do not over-mix.
- 3. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each half into a circle and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill cookie dough for one hour or until slightly firm.
- 4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 5. Remove dough from refrigerator. Work with one portion of dough at a time. Roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter, and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with decorative candies or colored sugars, if desired.
- 6. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
serving: 30 cookies
calories: 152.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 19.2 g
protein: 2.2 g
saturated fat: 4 g
cholesterol: 28.7 mg
sodium: 56.6 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 6.5 g